SPEL 2018 Conference
Thursday 13th September 2018, COSLA Conference Centre, Edinburgh
Our director Pippa is very much looking forward to attending this years Scottish Planning and Environmental Law conference in Edinburgh, where she will be speaking about community empowerment and community rights to buy, with a particular focus on new provisions on acquiring abandoned and neglected land, and other routes to bring land back into active use.
In addition, the conference program covers:
- Ongoing challenges in funding infrastructure
- Implications of the planning review for the planning appeals process
- Implications of Scotland's Energy Strategy and Climate Change Plan
- The National Transport Strategy and alignment with planning
- Environmental consequences of the landfill ban
- Review of significant case law
This promises to be an interesting and informative day, looking at a wide range of drivers of change in the planning system from environmental law to land reform, as well as of course the Planning Bill which is currently progressing through the Scottish Parliament.
For more information or to book your place, please click here.
Thanks for reading, and hope to see you there!
Pippa and Maggie