SPEL 2019 Conference
Thursday 19th September 2019, COSLA Conference Centre, Edinburgh
Our director Pippa is very much looking forward to attending this year's Scottish Planning and Environmental Law conference in Edinburgh, which will cover housing, land value, and infrastructure delivery, as well as community empowerment and the new Planning (Scotland) Act 2019.
As part of a panel on planning and the community empowerment agenda, Pippa will be speaking about how new provisions on Local Place Plans (as introduced under the Planning (Scotland) Act 2019) tie in with wider community rights in respect of land, in particular the proposed community right to buy land in the interest of sustainable development.
The Planning (Scotland) Act, housing, land value and infrastructure will also be covered by seperate expert panels, in addition to which there will be a review and analysis of recent case law concerning planning and environmental matters.
The conference will be chaired by James Findlay QC, and other confirmed speakers include:
- Keith Winter, Fife Council
- Shona Glenn, Scottish Land Commission
- Dr Mark Robertson, Ryden
- Nicola Woodward, Lichfields
- Fraser Carlin, Renfrewshire Council
- Pauline Mills, Taylor Wimpey
- Dr Calum Macleod, Community Land Scotland
- Nick Wright, Nick Wright Planning
- Stefano Smith, Stefano Smith Planning and former Convenor, RTPI Scotland
- Pam Ewen, Fife Council and former Convenor, RTPI Scotland
- Stephen O'Rourke QC and Graham Dunlop, Terra Firma Chambers
- Jacqueline Cook, Davidson Chalmers
As always, this promises to be an interesting and informative day, covering a wide range of key issues.
For more information or to book your place, please click here.
Thanks for reading, and hope to see you there!
Pippa and Maggie